Animal Management Centre
- A brand new building housing classrooms and a lecture theatre.
- Classrooms – capacity up to 30 people, £25 per hour
- Lecture Theatre – capacity up to 60 people, £40 per hour
- Tours of the Animal Management Centre can be arranged (dependent on timings) and there will be an additional fee for this activity.
- This is the main room in Merrist Wood House and comprises of stunning views of the estate.
- Capacity is up to 30 people seated and up to 60 people standing.
- £40 per hour.
- A beautiful oak panelled room located in the main house just off the reception hall.
- Capacity is up to 20 people.
- £30 per hour.
- The Lecture Theatre has excellent AV and presentation facilities.
- This room has wheelchair lift access.
- Capacity is up to 80 people.
- £40 per hour.
- We have many classrooms of different sizes and in different locations.
- Capacity does vary but most can accommodate up to 30 people.
- £25 per hour.
Outdoor and Other Areas
The College has many outdoor fields and workshops which can be hired out, as well as science laboratories, garden design studios, machinery training field and IT suites. We also offer some fantastic and unique locations for film and photography shoots.
Our areas include:
Park Field – A large field idea for formal wedding marquees, sporting events, family fun days, shows etc
Izzy’s Meadow – A smaller field surrounding by fields ideal for smaller, more informal weddings (tipi weddings, festival weddings etc) and smaller events
Woodlands and Lake – Private access for bespoke celebrations and events
Woodlands Area – Small area with surrounding woodlands with built in BBQ and fire pit, ideal for functions, woodland craft courses etc
Price on application
Click here to view images of these areas
Our Equine Arena is one of the top facilities in the south east and features:
- 90m x 30m indoor riding arena – one of the largest of any college in the country, with a waxed track cushioned surface.
- 30m x 60m all-weather floodlit outdoor arena.
- Two permanent grass competition spaces.
- Stabling for over 40 horses.
The Centre hosts events and competitions most weekends throughout the year, which include affiliated and unaffiliated show jumping, unaffiliated and affiliated dressage up to Grand Prix, indoor carriage driving, British Eventing JAS, lecture demonstrations and clinics by leading trainers and riders.
Please contact the Equine Arena directly for bookings.
Merrist Wood Farm
Our farm is situated on our 400 acre estate and is used primarily as a student resource for Animal Management programmes. However, there are opportunities to visit our farm and enjoy the farm animals we look after:
- Goats: Pygmy, Golden Guernsey, Anglo Nubian
- Sheep: Welsh badger face, Speckled face beulah, Portlands, Wensleydales, Polled Dorset, Lleyn, Manx Loaghtan
- Cattle: Irish Moiled, Sussex Crossbred
- Poultry: Magpie duck, Muscovy ducks, various chicken breeds
- Pigs: Large black, Oxford Sandy and Black
- Donkeys: Miniature Mediterranean donkey